mercredi 5 mai 2010

Orthodox/Catholic

Bible, Church, Catholic and Orthodox
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 at 6:27pm

Catechism on Bible

Church or Bible?

The Church and its enemies

These pages on DRBO speak as if Catholicism and Orthodoxy were synonymous. As if the schism of 1054 did not separate in any way.

Comment field:

AB: Interesting... The only two groups recognized are (Roman) Catholics and the Protestant "Deformers."
December 17, 2008 at 6:46pm
me: as if the schism of 1054 had never happened
December 18, 2008 at 4:52pm
AB: Yeah. The Schism was such a minor thing that, surely, we can completely disregard it... right? ;-)
December 18, 2008 at 6:03pm
me: Well, the schism between ROCOR and Moscow was made up before 100 years passed, that of 1054 just might be before one thousand years pass ...?
December 22, 2008 at 1:06pm
Might add: I was more scared of being on wrong side of it than eager to prolong it, when I decided to become Orthodox
December 22, 2008 at 1:11pm
AB: Yes, I can relate to that. However, I think a reunion with the Oriental Orthodox churches is closer than with Rome... But time will tell.
December 22, 2008 at 2:27pm


Since the last note
Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 7:27pm

... last before this as well as last before I was disabled to sign in on this, I have made another account under the name Hans-Georg Lundahl.

Today I found out that there was a way to reset the password.

Some updates.

Back in 1984 (this is not Newspeak) I read as a Christmas present Umberto Eco's Name of the Rose. I was already favourable to Roman Catholicism, but I had considered Inquisition a proof it was not in itself the Church of Christ. Eco's novel convinced me, along with other reading, Albigensians and others (yes, Fraticelli too) were a threat to the Christian Civilisation of the Middle Ages which I cherished and still cherish. So I decided I would sooner or later - preferrably in company with other Right Wing Lutherans - join the Catholic Church.

I stopped procrastination due to two circumstances during 1985, the one private, the other that the parish was getting a female "chaplain". The Sunday it was announced I walked out of the Swedish State Church. I left it officially some year later, me having hoped I would have the aid of Catholic Church to make the conversion count as opting out of Lutheranism, but finding I had to do the paper work of leaving with that "Church".

I was received into the Catholic Church in 1988. After the St Anne's House was regularised, as I recently found out, before Mgr Léfèbvre consecrated four bishops, as I read in the Catholic Newspapers.

Since 1990 or 91 I am a Traditionalist Catholic, I heard my first mass of St Pius V in St Nicolas du Chardonnet if present at Mass hours, otherwise at Le Barroux the latter year (I had to change trains in Paris).

In 2006 I had had a lot of pastoral displeasures with Traditionnalists, I also was a Sedevacantist when John Paul II died, though I hope he died a Christian death. The "Papal problem" so to speak with Traditionnalism had made me take another look at Gk Orthodoxy. Which is where I was around, when I joined facebook. During my time on other account, I had seen one or two things in Orthodoxy:

a) as authorising Roman Catholicism as at least a legitimate branch of Orthodox Church
b) things that hurt my conscience or heart, from the Easter Pastoral of Metropolitan Josif (Roumanian jurisdiction) to the anti-Roman diatribes of Paul Ballaster, including a calumny of what St Robert Bellarmine actually wrote in his work De Romano Pontifice.

So, I am back, more or less, into the Traditional Catholic fold. I also now live in Paris, on the street, which you will see if I am able to update profile info after this note.

Hans-Georg

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire