Instead, I start from the point where I reacted.
- Future teen mothers. So sad.
- Why would future teen mothers be sad?
- I think she means the whole predicament is sad, not the morons themselves
- The predicament of being a future teen mother is precisely what I was taking about. And I add, why would future teen mothers be morons?
- Ha! I think Hans was throwing some sarcasm in there. And I think some adults like to preserve the innocence of all children, that's why maybe this video is pointless to me.
- TR, I am not sarcastic.
A teen is not a child.
An unwed teen's innocence should be preserved up to wedding exactly for same reasons as an unwed legal adult's innocence should be preserved up to the wedding.
And with exactly same flexibility - an out of wedlock pregnancy can be remediated by marriage.
Children are of course something else. Cannot make or become pregnant, for one thing.
- Do I detect any sarcasm?
- Hans, uneducated, skill-less, unemployable teen mothers, mostly single and bound to be repeat offenders in a culture drowning in MTV and other crap are not the idealized family creators you might think they can be. They are morons, either by choice or by consequence.
- Lol...I'm not sure if I should re-read your comments until I understand them, or have another cup of coffee.
- And while I agree that out of wedlock births can be remedied somewhat by marriage, a 17 year old "man" marrying a 16 year old "woman" is not one likely bound for happiness, success, or good health for all involved.
- Youth is at least not bad for genetic health of offspring.
"Mostly single" is precisely what should be remedied as often as possible. If we did it, we would not lag behind Muslim immigrants in making babies so as to keep/conquer or reconquer percentages of resident populations.
"Morons" is a qualification I do not believe in.
Uneducated is less bad than unlikely to be a breadwinner. Now, for the male part this could very easily have been remedied by apprenticeship instead of school. But legislation being as bad as it became last century ...
Attacking teen mothers is at least not the ideal place to seek a remedy in the vicious circles.
T., take a cup of coffee, then reread all comments, I'll try to get one too before I see an answer to mine!
- I think you have an idealized understanding of the true realities of out of wedlock teen mothers in the United States. this is not Catholic/Aryan madels having 8 kids by 25 while vater and opa work the family farm. we are talking about uneducated, tv-addicted, urban teens often with zero sense of direction, common sense, or ability to properly raise children. Nutrition, healthy play environments, and solid family structures are not in the conversation. You may think of some braided volkish girl in a dirndl, baby at her breast, but its much more likely to be an overweight, minority, TV watching, junk-food eating, too tight spandex wearing slob with a bumper sticker that says "porn star" on it. Not exactly positive genetic stock.
- "I think you have an idealized understanding of the true realities of out of wedlock teen mothers in the United States"
Neither in US nor in Sweden. I am only too well aware of the true realities of teen girls refused to become teen mothers.
"this is not Catholic/Aryan madels having 8 kids by 25 while vater and opa work the family farm."
It COULD be, (either, and I prefer Catholic to Aryan, but do not deny Aryans the right to procreate either, whether Gipsy or Hindoostani) if one did not let "realities" blind one and the rest of society to possibilities.
"we are talking about uneducated,"
I e forced to attend public school.
Btw, I do not say nor have I ever said, nor will I ever say only the educated should have babies or keep their children.
" tv-addicted," "often with zero sense of direction"
I e trying to get some kind of even imagined content in a life already too much deprived of content - by a school irrelevant to them as well as a lack of possibilities for marriage and good conditions of mother hood.
You mean pregnant teens abort all over the country side, like in Red China? I don't believe that!
I e no longer children.
"[zero] common sense or ability to properly raise children."
On certain prejudiced views, like the one of a man I called Grima after his moral similarity. You know, Wormtongue in LotR.
Such men have:
- implemented school compulsion
- implemented abortion
- dug the pit for these girls, basically.
"Nutrition, healthy play environments, and solid family structures are not in the conversation."
Maybe would be if:
- father getting a work (self-employed or employed, whichever)
- self getting out of school
- both getting married to each other
- both keeping their children
were what they could, watching the surroundings, like "adult world" and "responsible people" consider a realistic option.
"You may think of some braided volkish girl in a dirndl, baby at her breast, but its much more likely to be an overweight, minority, TV watching, junk-food eating, too tight spandex wearing slob with a bumper sticker that says "porn star" on it. Not exactly positive genetic stock."
If you have not got it, I am a Catholic and not a Nazi. Minorities have as much a right to get and keep children as völkische parents.
You are sounding like Talmudic Jewry.
Or, rather, extremely unlovable examples of it.
(Sorry, I did not get a cup of coffee, T., so my answers may be a bit more cantankerous than you would want to read. My bad, will try to get coffee now!)
[Later:] I have had a cup of coffee. Now, to make my own prejudices clear, they are those of Father Brown (Red Moon of Meru):
“Our prejudices seem to cut opposite ways,” said Father Brown. “You excuse his being brown because he is brahminical; and I excuse his being brahminical because he is brown. Frankly, I don’t care for spiritual powers much myself. I’ve got much more sympathy with spiritual weaknesses. But I can’t see why anybody should dislike him merely because he is the same beautiful colour as copper, or coffee, or nut-brown ale, or those jolly peat-streams in the North. But then,” he added, looking across at the lady and screwing up his eyes, “I suppose I’m prejudiced in favour of anything that’s called brown.”
Or, since Z. brought up heredity, also Father Brown and now Doom of the Darnaways:
‘The word is murder,’ he said, ‘and the freedom it brings is as fresh as the flowers of spring. No; I do not mean I have murdered anybody. But the fact that anybody can be murdered is itself good news, after the evil dreams you have been living in. Don’t you understand? In that dream of yours everything that happened to you came from inside you; the Doom of the Darnaways was stored up in the Darnaways; it unfolded itself like a horrible flower. There was no escape even by happy accident; it was all inevitable; whether it was Vine and his old wives’ tales, or Barnet and his new-fangled heredity. But this man who died was not the victim of a magic curse or an inherited madness. He was murdered; and for us that murder is simply an accident; yes, requiescat in pace: but a happy accident. It is a ray of daylight, because it comes from outside.’
I am quite in agreement with you that the lives of many a teen mother is in ruins, but I do not think it be due to her genes.
I think it is due to something coming to her from the outside.