- Friend, status/comment
- Urgent prayers are needed for a 17 year old girl in Alaska who is 5 weeks pregnant, and whose boyfriend may be going to jail for statutory rape. Please pray that she does not have her child killed, that the courts have mercy on her boyfriend, and that her boyfriend chooses to take on the responsibility of marriage and fatherhood.
Received this e-mail from my county's right-to-life group.
- The courts should be filled!!! With the Faithful, family and the authoritative Magisterium.
That's how to check and balance the so called NWO. Not so new though is it?
Be there... Your feet take you where your faith is. And where your feet are is what your faith is
Does that clarify?
- Yes…. I thought you meant that prisons should be filled.
- We need to expose and remember how "judges" are soon easily swayed. So if there is a presence of the faithful not only do we BY GOD'S GRACE SAVE THE accused but perhaps the accusers and the judge. Look how many conversations of the "free"masons SCOFFERS there were @ Fatima... WOW!!!
- The courts should allow this man to marry her, and not fine him or put him in jail. There really is no point in putting him in jail - it will just hurt the new family.
- [@Friend] You're focused on the wrong thing. Pray to Jesus not the demonic masonic courts. That's what a pleading is (a prayer) so direct and put your feet where the need is greater according to your ability.
It's a perspective and placing what we see hear and think we know under the Authoritative Magisterium. Simple
- Actually, it was the crisis pregnancy center this girl went to that filed a statutory rape report with the police. She left crying. Didn't they realise by doing that, they were only hurting the girl, the man's career, the baby, and ultimately, the new family?
- And that's what the devil wants. That's why direct intervention is needed, ie prayer and presence . The whole; where your feet are thing... Otherwise we are just filling a 2 dimensional fb thread....
- How old was the father???
- Oh, I forgot to say! 23!!
- He couldn't wait a year? Men! I tell you
- It took two. Right? We could blame the parents too if you like for the way they brought up a "trollip", right? What's the point. There's a man, a girl and a child...
Let's move forward...
- will pray here at the miraculous icon of Czestochowa for her
- CP, is the girl a "victim" are you one too? Always? Give me a break... Different if you said "couldn't they wait" and more importantly "wait for" what....? How about marriage? Get your faith right and your judgemental self-righteous mind out of the gutter.
- Oh I am not excusing the girl. It is as much her fault as his. The one person I never blame is the parents. You can raise your child perfectly but ultimately they make all their own decisions. And don't you dare presume to judge me. I simply made an observation based on previous experiences
- You worded your post, and I'm sure no one but you. So back-peddle if you must but don't come off like a man hater then as a consummate victim tell me not to judge. You put your one sided position out there, in a judgemental way and now act indignant. Seriously? Hypocritical adgendaed response to post is still adgendaed hypocrisy. Wake up "victim" what you did at 17 belongs to you.
- Now who is judging who? I am damn proud of what I did at 17!
- I bet you are. Gee can you say self-righteous, prideful, judgemental hypocrite...? Oh wait you just did. Boy don't we all wish we could be just like you? Not!
Not asking for a confession but are you saying you waited until marriage for the fruits of marriage?
- I am very happily single! Not that it is your business to judge me. And you I suppose have never done anything wrong or that you regret.
- Well I see as I pointed out correctly you're a consummate victim even of your own doings. As you just tacitly confessed. And now look to talk of my sins so as to hypocritically further make your self-righteous conscience tolerable to your fragile self image and judgemental testimony of being "good". Read 2Tim.3:1-7 you're the poster child for that verse.
- How exactly am I a consummate victim? I guess I am just not seeing it.
- CP, there's likely no healing between us. After out banter. But I hope the best for you and your conversion to The True Catholic Faith outside of which there is no Salvation.
Please stop being a man hater and go to vaticancatholic.com., confession, and receive The valid Sacraments.
You'll be ok. You're obviously a driven person. Just pray for The will of Jesus upon you, and follow the Magisterium.
A great source for that is MHFM aka vaticancatholic.com.
- Yes well unfortunately the Church does not have the answer to everything
- You're right CP. The Church doesn't have the answer to everything. Since stuff that doesn't matter is part of everything, the Church only has the answer to things that truly matter. So you were actually partially right, although maybe not in the way you intended it.
- CP the Church certainly gives all that's necessary for justification and the hope of Salvation. So Wesley is correct.
Your statement is heretical, as if Jesus would leave us wanting
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- statutory rape at SEVENTEEN?
wait - if he also had been seventeen and NOT very able to have a job, it would NOT have been statutory rape?
Isn't it sick if anything there are states where sex which could realistically lead to marriage is punished, while such where the guy is supposed to not be able to support a family is forgiven? Of course, that supposition is also bad.
- Aidan Keller
- With prayer. How old was she when she conceived?
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- If she is 17 and five weeks pregnant, she must have been at least 16 years and fortyseven weeks when conceiving. I e nearly 17.
Canonic age used to be 12 for marriage. He is also across canonic age - 14 is less than his 23 years. So, canonically they could marry.
- Aidan Keller
- In some states the legal age is 16, others 17, others 18. In some states she can marry at age 14.
- Hans-Georg Lundahl
- In S[outh] C[arolina] it used to be 12 - exactly as the canonic age according to the Catholic Church, according to Spanish civil law a century ago, according to Russian law under the Czars, according to even English civil law as late as 1750 (it was 1753, I think, that England changed*).
Talking of statutory rape at 17 is plain ridiculous.
The question is less how much exploited she was by the guy who made her pregnant than how much exploited she is by the authorities of Alaska.
* "Until the passing of the Marriage Act of 1753, a formal ceremony of marriage before a clergyman was not a legal requirement in England, and marriages were unregistered. All that was required was for both parties to agree to the union, so long as each had reached the legal age of consent, which was 12 for girls and 14 for boys."
8) Bryce, James (1901), Studies in history and jurisprudence, Volume II, Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-559-45406-6 pp. 816–817
9) Leneman, Leah (1999), "The Scottish Case That Led to Hardwicke's Marriage Act", Law and History Review (University of Illinois Press) 17 (1): 161, doi:10.2307/744190, retrieved 16 December 2009
Wiki : Wife selling (English custom)